16. March 2021
- Split is now more balanced to work better
- All M3 nut holes are slightly larger for easier nut insertion
- Base Left: Made it easier to insert the M3 nut from the bottom
- Base Right: Made it easier to insert the M3 nut from the bottom
- Base Mid: Made it easier to insert the M3 bolt from the bottom
- Base Mid: Made it easier to tighten on/off switch
- Base Mid & Base Left: Pillars where the wheel sits on, are now less round for easier printing (45 degree overhang)
- Path from Flip Flop to Split: It should be easier to insert m3 nut
- Path from Tipper: Made slightly more support for the path. I will need to revisit it in the future and change it completely.
- Fixed the Split so that it is more balanced now
- Added Prusa MK3s Gcode files
- End-stop was added to holes where axles are inserted
- Sligthly bigger hole where axles are inserted
- Split has slightly bigger hole
- Split Walls now has a guard for easier alignment of the path
- Path towards split now has better design for nut insertion
- Flip Flop Walls now has a guard for easier alignment of the path
- Greatly simplified the required hardware. Following fasteners were removed:
- M3x10 and M3x12 bolts
- Square M3 nuts
- 608 ball bearings
- Pegs where the modules sit on, are now a bit smaller for easier module placement
- Flip Flop has more tolerance at the peg
- Wheel big had holes adjusted, so that marbles will go in and out easier
- Path From Spiral: guardrails are now higher because marbles sometimes fell out
- Ground Left: Small modification to accept the new spiral path
- Path From Tipper: extended by another 0.5mm
- Path From Spiral: made it more curvy and also made wider base underneath, so it now prints without brim
- Ground Left: Small modification to accept new spiral path
- Ground Left: Path leading towards small feeder has slightly bigger curvature now
- Wheel Big: Higher hole angle so marbles go out faster now
- Ground Mid: Path from tipper is extended by 1mm
- Ground Mid: Place for battery holder is slightly larger
- Ground Mid: On/off Switch hole is slightly larger and more indented now to accommodate shorter switches
- Ground Mid: Motor wire hole is slightly larger
- Added new module "Brains"
- Added new module "Ring Of Fire"
- "Small Wheel" had its holes shortened a bit to match the holes of the Big wheel
- Redesigned the Flip Flop and Split. Now they have much smaller contact area so they turn more freely
- Added a new pachinko element that can be placed to the edge
- Path to the small feeder is now rounder with less sharp first corner
- All 3 Paths leading up to the modules had their diameter lowered from 10mm to 8mm so that module alignment has some wiggle room
- Paths on Ground Mid were made a bit higher, because occasionally marbles would fall out
- I have removed modifiers in prusaslicer because they were causing a conflict with other slicers
- "Ground Left" had its path modified towards the small feeder, it now has more of a curve to it
- The following modules were redesigned to use fewer parts for easier assembly: Vortex, 3 Funnels and Spiralicious
- Vortex module now also has off center pegs, to make it impossible to assemble it incorrectly
- Ground pieces now have fillet applied to them, to help with parts buckling up on the build plate
- New module "Pachinko". You can print different elements and place them however you want on the pegs. Come to Discord channel if you have suggestions for new elements or modules.
- Path from Tipper is now more secure and stays in place better
- Spiralicious module now prints one hour faster
- Ground mid now has more space where the nut for on/off switch goes
- This is a major version with a lot of quality of life upgrades, therefore new pieces are mostly incompatible with previous versions.
- A lot of parts were merged together to improve assembly and printing experience. Parts count went from 28 to 22
- Pegs into which modules snap into are a bit smaller now so that modules snap on more nicely
- Holes into which "Out Of Marbles" logo is snapped in, are a bit bigger
- Filet was applied to ground pieces to improve bowing of ground pieces upwards when they are bolted together. Now there should be zero bowing issues.
- Tipper paths were completely redesigned and now there is zero post-processing required to get the paths aligned
- Path from Spiral was cut into two pieces so that some of it prints in place
- Guard Rails for wheels were connected together so that it is now one piece and a bit more sturdy
- Both wheels had hole angles adjusted slightly so that marbles roll out easier
- Enlarged Donkey King module entry point
- Fixed slicing settings so ground left has variable layer height at the top
- Made wheel axle longer so it matches the through holes now
- Fixed the Tipper.mk3 not having 100% infill
- Both holes for wheel axle are through holes now, for easier accessibility
- I also made a small 0.5 degrees draft on ground parts in an attempt to remove upward buckling
- Modified the "Vortex" module. (Before there was a chance of fail print at around 14 hours of print time)
- I have made two versions of the Vortex module. Print either one you want, I recommend the second version. The first version is printed as a whole and the second version is split into two parts.
- You can find the first version Vortex in the “Obsolete" folder. Here are the changes: Rotated the "Vortex", so that it is aligned with the movement of the Z bed axis for more stability. I also enlarged the brim from 5 to 12mm.
- Second recommended version: It is now split into 2 parts and print time is 1 hour shorter. It should also have a 100% success chance of completing it.
- Made the back hole between Ground Mid and Ground Right slightly larger so that bolt can be inserted more easily